Announcements - October 16, 2021
Carl Zumwalt Memorial
A memorial service for Carl will be held at the Nampa, Idaho SDA church Sabbath, October 16 at 3:00 pm (4:00 Mountain Time). The memorial will be live-streamed via the Nampa SDA church website: www.nampasda.org/live
Fortuna Church Announcements
1. Welcome : Good morning and Happy Sabbath. If you have any prayer requests, please let us know and we will be happy to pray for you.
2. THANK YOU: To everyone that took time out of their weekend to attend the Pastor Appreciation work bee at FJA, THANK YOU. We might have been a senior citizen crew, but we were mighty. Also, to Al Gladden, you and your family were an answer to prayer. Us older folks needed you younger member’s muscles You were just such a blessing and thank you to you and your family members.
3. BLUE ROOM: If you have brought books to the Blue Room, can you please come and get them. PLEASE, WE NEED THEM GONE ASAP.
4. DOORS: If you have noticed our front doors, they are looking great. Janet butler and her son bob have been working for several weeks. Ralph Roberts has been polishing the handles and kickplates. If you have a talent or
burden to fix, repair, or improve a small project at the church, contact Pastor or Michael Norton. We appreciate what is being done folks. Thanks
5. FCSC: The community center constituency meeting is tomorrow at 10:00. The ZOOM link is:
Meeting ID: 844 4870 9612 Passcode: 001193
I also sent it out in an e-mail. All are welcome to attend. There are copies of the agenda in the lobby.
6. BOARD MEETING: The church board meeting is this Thursday, the 21st, at 6:30pm. Please check your e-mail for the ZOOM link.
7. 40 DAYS OF PRAYER: Please remember to pay for your book if you picked it up and have not yet paid. Mark your envelope women’s’ ministries and put it in the offering. They are $15. Our ministry funds barely cover the cost of the books, so we want to make sure we pay! The NCC
8. PICNIC: Today is our last picnic potluck for the year. It will be after church at the school. That way if the weather is bad we can find shelter. Bring the usual picnic meal, chairs etc
9. ABC: I truly feel like a broken record. ABC did not respond to my e-mail this week so I called Pacific Press myself. They had no record of anyone from the NCC ABC contacting them about the missing quarterlies. She apologized and said she would mail them out. I know we have heard that before, but I have faith they will be
here. Until then, week four is in the lobby.
10: GOOD-BYE: If you see Claudia Velasco, give her a warm goodbye. She is starting a new journey in the Sacramento area. We wish her the best. Prayers and blessings for you as you embark on this new path. You have been such a blessing to our church family. Come and visit us often. We love you and will miss you.
Saturday, Oct. 16 1:00 Final Picnic Potluck at FJA
Sunday, Oct. 17 10:00 FCSC Constituency Meeting (The ZOOM link is on Announcements page.)
Monday, Oct. 18 6:00-8:00 Pathfinders
Tuesday, Oct. 19 10:00 Church Office Opens
Wed. Oct. 20 7:00 Revelation Speaks - Lesson 21 - God’s Final Appeal
Thursday, Oct. 21 10:00 Church Office Opens
6:30 Church Board Meeting - ZOOM
Sabbath, Oct. 23 Speaker: Pastor Dan
Special Music: Claudia Vazquez
Adelaida Yanez Engages Her Calling to Ministry
Fortuna church member Adelaida (Adela) Yanez has been named a 2021 Healthcare Hero by the California Association of Health Facilities. Yanez is a nurse and acute/emergency department manager at Jerold Phelps Community Hospital in Garberville
News articles applaud Yanez for keeping patients safe during the pandemic, helping evacuate the hospital due to wildfire, and leading the fight against COVID. But they don’t tell her entire amazing story!
When she was four months pregnant with her oldest daughter, Yanez was diagnosed with cancer. During her difficult ordeal, she nearly lost her life four times. Impressed by the vital role that nurses played in her recovery, she prayed: “Lord if you help me, someday I will be a nurse.”
He answered her prayer. Yanez lived to raise three daughters and now has a granddaughter. She and her husband, Pedro, have served as long-time leaders of the Fortuna Spanish group. “God has granted me all these years,” she said. “The Lord has been so good to me.”
Yanez fulfilled her promise and became a registered nurse. “God used so many people in our church to help us while I was in school,” she said. “One person—I never found out who it was—sent us money every month. It was such a blessing!”
Now the Lord is using Yanez to bless others. “I love being able to help people and be there for them,” she said. “What a difference you can make to people by showing them compassion and being somebody they can trust!”
Announcements - October 2, 2021
1. Welcome : We welcome the friends and family of Ted Madsen who might be worshipping with us today. We are blessed to have you with us.
2. MEMORIAL: Ted Madsen’s memorial service will be today at 3:00 pm in the church. Afterwards you are invited to come to the community Center for fellowship and a light snack.
3. THANK YOU: Mirella Lima wants to send out a big thank you to everyone who prayed for her and sent get well cards and birthday cards to her. She feels very loved by her church family. Anna Hahn called and she too wants to thank everyone who is praying and sending cards to her and for taking care of things while she is recovering. She says she is doing well and making progress and is anxious to get home!! That’s our Anna.
4. WORKBEE: Thanks to those that came out for our workbee last Sunday. We got a lot of weeds cleaned out and cut down. Moss cleaned from some areas, parking lot painted in places and several other projects started. We had a mystery helper limbing the trees on the hillside yesterday as well. We appreciate you coming out to
help and fellowshipping together.
5. FCSC: The community center constituency meeting is October 17 th at 10:00 a.m. at the center. Rhonda needs two members that are not on the board to attend as representatives for the church. Please let Cindy or Rhonda know if you are willing to attend.
6. The flowers in the sanctuary today are dedicated in memory of our friend Ted Madsen and to his family. We were blessed to have Ted as part of our family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
7. 40 DAYS OF PRAYER: The books are on their way and will hopefully be here by next Sabbath.
8. PICNIC: We have one more picnic potluck planned. October 16 th we will meet after church at FJA. Weather permitting we will be outside in the fresh air. If the weather doesn’t cooperate, we will seek shelter! Thanks to the Norton’s for hosting the birthday bash last Sabbath.
9. NOMINATING COMMITTEE: Nominating committee continues to meet each Sunday at 6:30 here at the church. Please pray for them. If you’ve been on the committee, you know how much time, work and effort it takes. Continue to pray for us as well that we will be open to serve if asked.
10. We are still waiting for the missing Adult Quarterlies to arrive. Copy of Lesson 2 is in the lobby if you need it for this week.
Redwood Camp Meeting Videos 2021
Did you miss Campmeeting? You can view Lee & Gary Venden's presentations on YouTube - recorded at Redwood Camp Meeting 2021: https://www.youtube.com/c/redwoodareacampmeeting
SDA Television Broadcasts
Other Adventist Programs and Study Links
Suggestions to supplement your worship experience:
Non Denominational Christian Services
Don't forget to continue to give as you are able. Church ministries and salaries continue even when services are temporarily suspended. Checks can be mailed to the church at 2301 Rohnerville Rd Fortuna, CA 95540. For online giving click on "About Us" in the menu at the top of this page.